Saturday, May 14, 2005

Skinny, Bendy, Pretty Yoga Girls

This morning in my yoga class I was teary and emotional. It is so hard to be in this body sometimes, especially lately. I know someone else would be happy to have it but I can find only reasons to hate it. And sometimes, like this morning, it just feels like more then I can handle.

At the end of class I was feeling utterly defeated because there were poses I couldn't even pretend to do, and others that were possible but challenging. All the skinny, bendy, pretty yoga girls made it look so easy. But tack on 80 more pounds, twenty years and some bodily pain and then those poses are near impossible.

Anyway, we laid down to rest at the end of class and I was struggling not to cry. As I laid there with my eyes closed the instructor came over, wrapped his hands tightly around my skull and pulled it away from my body. Next he placed an eye pillow on my eyes and gently rubbed my sweaty forehead with his index finger. Then he placed a palm on the top of each shoulder blade, leaned in with much of his weight, and pressed my shoulders very firmly into the floor.

Is it normal to be so incredibly grateful for such small things?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And that doesnt sound like a small thing at all: It sounds like an act of sensitive kindness. Hope you feel better now.

May 14, 2005 3:49 PM  
Blogger -blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

And I've matured, too... KICK-ASS!from 7-years-old to 10!!

May 15, 2005 6:32 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I agree with unfurling. It sounds like he was able to zoom in on your pains and react. Nice guy.

May 17, 2005 7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home