Saturday, July 30, 2005

The Way Nature Intended

This morning I went in for an ultrasound. As the physician's assistant rolled the condom onto the probe and lubed it up I lamented the fact that getting pregnant, for me, is so completely lacking of any semblance of romance or passion. She inserted it inside my vagina and began poking around up by my cervix for any ripe follicles. You would think, being shaped like a dildo and placed generally in the right vicinity, that it might feel a smidgen nice. But no. It was uncomfortable and impersonal. It hurt a little. She spied a bunch of unripe follicles in my right ovary and two close to ripe ones in my left. So, tomorrow night at ten I am to give myself a shot in the ass of a hormone that is supposed to make my body finish off the ripening. Then, Tuesday morning I will go in to be inseminated, my fourth time, where hopefully Mr. 556 will do his stuff and his fellows will swim on over to my girls and do their stuff the way nature intended them to... with a little help from Dr. Applehead and a syringe.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wishing the best of luck to you and Mr. 556...

July 31, 2005 12:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you if that is what you want. In a previous life I was a sperm donor. It gave me a kick to think that my spunk would be useful to someone, and that it would soon be leaking from some anonymous woman.

August 02, 2005 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home