Saturday, July 30, 2005

Soon

It started out innocently enough. I believe I even mentioned him to you in passing - the guy who responded to my personal ad that was basically a rant against people who pick girls based on their physical dimensions as opposed to their character or intelligence or joie de vie. Anyhow, Mikel and I seemed to click, at least as far as you can tell through emails, and have been having great fun being flirty teases in the safety afforded us behind our computer screens.

He told me right off that he had a girlfriend. And when I asked why he was lurking around the personal ads he said that he had her permission to play with others. Hmm. He also confided that their relationship was strained and he was struggling with whether or not to leave her. It soon became clear that the part that was problematic was the sex bit. Apparently she's a very willing partner for trying out his kinks and all, but something about her just doesn't turn him on. Now, if that isn't the saddest thing? Here is a man who loves a woman, and a woman who loves a man, and they seem to have good, honest, open communication about sex... and yet, something just isn't flipping his switch. It made me thankful to be single for once.

So we met up one afternoon in the park. It was a beautiful summer day with crisp, clear blue skies. I got there before he did, or so I thought. He had told me to meet him on the bottom of Kite Hill, but it was such a lovely day I wanted to climb it to get a better view. So I walked a little ways up and stood there for a minute taking in the surroundings. Surprisingly there weren't too many people around for such a perfect day. But there were a few: a pair of lovers laying on a blanket, one resting her head on the other's tummy; a couple with two big hairy dogs and a small child eating a picnic; jet skiers and sailors out on the lake; and me, a middle aged chubby lady in a flowery skirt, halter top and flip flops.

I saw a tall, heavy set man start up the base of the hill and I somewhat recognized Mikel from the pictures he had sent me. He looked frumpier than I had imagined. And bigger, both height wise as well as girth. But other than that he was as I had imagined. Honestly, he reminded me of Shrek in that big, gentle oaf kinda way.

He had arrived early and was waiting in his truck when he saw me pull into the parking lot. He said he had watched me walk up the hill. It made me feel exposed, both in a vulnerable kind of way but also in a hot kind of way. We talked about his exes and his current situation and how he came to be where he is now - a middle aged guy unsatisfied with his sex life. And even though we had been indulging in over the top flirtiness in our email exchanges we both were quite reserved once face to face. But there was this: at one point he looked down at my bare legs and said "I like this arch." And he took his finger and traced from the top of my foot to the bottom of my ankle. And that was when I knew I would fuck him. Not today. Not yet. But soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home