Monday, October 24, 2005

Grrr

I woke up alert and heart racing. I knew I needed to go work out to rid myself of the panic, but I knew the gym was bringing on the panic as well. Because I would most likely see Chico. But fuck him. I refuse to let him fuck with me any longer.

Half way through my workout I saw him enter. I looked away so I didn't have to think too much about him. I switched from Beck to Hole and ran away from it all to the sound of "Hit So Hard." That has become my theme song of late. Then I switched over to Atomic Dog and worked my way to winding down with Hot Topic (by Le Tigre). That song always makes me proud to be a woman. Jumping off the elliptical I saw Chico in the back pulling weights. I went over to him and sat myself down right next to him. He turned and smiled his cute little smile and said "grrr?" and grimaced at me. He was either asking if I had worked out hard or if I was mad. I said "no." Then I handed him a note that said, in Spanish, "your wife called me Friday night and wanted to know who I was and why I had been calling your cell phone. Please explain."

"She was using my phone," he said.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a wife here?" I asked.

He thought for a minute then said, "You asked if I had a girlfriend, not a wife."

This was bullshit as I had indeed asked if he had a wife. And he had told me yes, in Mexico. And I had asked if he missed her and wanted to be with her, and he said no. And I asked if she missed him and wanted to be with him, and he said no. Regardless of whether I had said girlfriend or wife or whatever he fucking lied to me and to her. And lying I just can't tolerate.

I told him he was a bad man and he said "no malo."

I said "Si. Malo. Adios." And turned and walked away.

The only good part that came out of this is that maybe now I'll get so pissed when I see him at my gym that I'll work out twice as hard. I always work out harder when I'm pissed.

On a side note, this whole experience has made me reconsider my pledge to keep the names of my partners anonymous. You know, I have the right to tell my story and if it happens to include you... well, maybe you should have thought of that before you fucked me. But, for now I think I'll continue to keep their real names to myself simply because I don't want some crazed pissed off wife that I never meant to hurt gunning me down in front of my Y.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home