Thursday, March 23, 2006

HNT #11: Spring Thaw

I don't come here much these days. I'm not sure why. I feel things shifting, like tight little buds straining toward the hard crust of frozen earth. All around me people are blossoming and I hold myself back for fear of what?

My rutabaga boy left these little purple petals on my spine. It brings tears to my eyes to think of it just now. Not because they hurt. But because the tenderness and sweetness and love with which each kiss was given feels like the hyacinth blooming in my back yard.

Spring. Doesn't it make you wanna cry happy tears too?

4 Comments:

Blogger BH said...

Beautiful shot. Happy HNT!

March 24, 2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger LushlyMe said...

Wow... that is beautiful.. Happy HNT!

March 24, 2006 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Spring. Doesn't it make you wanna cry happy tears too?"

Always, cp.. always..

Charon xox

March 26, 2006 2:34 PM  
Blogger decker said...

gotta love the spring!
HHNT!

March 30, 2006 11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home