Sunday, February 05, 2006

Are u fat?

I've had insomnia lately. And often when I have insomnia I end up writing a personal ad on Craigslist just so I can get some email. I'm not one of those mean teases though who never writes back though. I do write back if there is a nugget of appeal in the response. Anyway, here's what my last one said:

HWP? Who gives a flying f*ck?! - 40

I may be HWP. I may not. But the guy for me doesn't really give a rat's ass.

What he does care about is that I'm creative and adventurous in all things; laid back and easy to talk to; would rather read a book than watch crap on the boob tube (unless I'm watching it snuggled up in the arms of someone who enjoys said crap); enjoy food, both the cooking of it and the sharing of it; am passionate and loyal, once I trust you; enjoy being in my body; I'm not afraid to make the first move, but will appreciate it if you do, even I don't follow your lead; I follow my own moral compass; find beauty in all things, all people, and all bodies.

One thing though, I abhor lazy writers. Sure, it's just a silly Craigslist personal. But please, use your Webster's and your Strunk and White if in doubt. I don't mind a little e. e. cummings like creativity but I won't respond to "are u fat?" or "pic 4 pic" and the like.

Of course I got lots of replies. Anyone can post an ad under women seeking men and just say "hello" and get oodles of replies. Here are some of the ones that made me wince and hit delete:

"Hi my name is jerry and i realy would like to meet you. wana go for a cup of coffie or something........jerry"

"Are u fat?"

"What man would want to be with a fat cunt like you?"

"Male 52 6 foot, 225 would love to meet you. Professional and unhappily married."

And I wonder why I'm depressed about the whole dating scene?!

There were a few thoughtful replies though. And I had tea with one of them today!

3 Comments:

Blogger SD said...

"What man would want to be with a fat cunt like you?"

^^ What a dick.

Going back to those crazy days of youth -- say it with me now, loud and proud, "Big women are sexy."

And we are. Absolutely.

February 06, 2006 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah.. ignore the obvious.

C.P. you'll know this already.. but..

*wishing I could construct a reply intriguing enough ;)*

xox

February 06, 2006 5:38 PM  
Blogger Curious Pussy said...

You two sure know how to make a girl feel better about human potential. I wish everyone were as sweet as you!

c.p.

February 07, 2006 9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home